Welcome to Manistee in Northwest Michigan!
The "Victorian Port Village" of Manistee is a favorite destination in Northwest Michigan. Manistee is part of the Lake Michigan Circle Tour and is also the gateway to scenic highway M-22.
This is where history, beauty, and nature come together to form a unique town that is a favorite destination in Michigan. Manistee has so much to offer today's traveler, and it's a terrific getaway for families or friends.
Top Things to See and Do
- First Street Beach: One of Manistee’s favorite public beaches, First Street beach has restrooms, concessions, universal accessibility, playgrounds, volleyball nets and everything you need for a perfect beach day.
- Manistee Riverwalk: A beautiful place to walk along the water and downtown Manistee
- Vogue Theater: The historic and newly renovated downtown theater offers the latest movies, independent films, and hosts fun events.
- Little Manistee River Weir: Operated by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and open to the public, the weir regulates steelhead and salmon annually and it's a great place to learn more about the Little Manistee River.
- Ramsdell Theatre: A historic theater, with gorgeous Victorian architecture and art, that hosts everything from performances to exhibits to wedding receptions.
The Great Outdoors in ManisteeLake Michigan beckons you to its golden beaches and spectacular sunsets, a guaranteed evening event! Take a stroll on the 1.5 mile Riverwalk, which is found behind the downtown district. Mileage markers have been placed every tenth mile to gauge your distance, and it is handicap accessible with ramps on both ends of the Riverwalk. The magnificent Manistee National Forest stretches for miles and is a nature-lover's paradise. Here, wildlife is found in its natural habitat, and recreation activities include camping, hiking, and biking. Nearby scenic rivers offer opportunities to fish, canoe, or kayak.
Downtown Manistee Shopping & Restaurants
Historical ManisteeYou can appreciate the history of Manistee when you see the architecture throughout the city, especially the Ramsdell Theatre. Here is where James Earl Jones got his start, and it is still the venue for area theater productions. The newly renovated Vogue Theater is open and features current films. Built in 1938, it is a welcome addition to have this grand theater back open in Manistee. The S.S. City of Milwaukee is a 77-year old Great Lakes ship, permanently moored in Manistee. It is open for tours, and during October, transforms into a Ghost Ship for the Halloween season.
Numerous golf courses, Casino Gaming, and the friendly faces of residents and business owners give Manistee the distinction of being in a place where you truly feel welcome. Discover the fun and beauty of Michigan's destination Victorian Port City, Manistee.